The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 marks a departure from the more muted tones of years past with the vibrant Ultra Violet. According to Pantone, Ultra Violet “communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking.” So, how can you use this bright and enigmatic hue in your home?
- Try an accent wall by painting just one wall and let Ultra Violet energize the vibe.
- Agate is having a moment, and Ultra Violet is one tone that pops up frequently in agate decorations. Buy some coasters or bookends, or commit all the way and install agate countertops or tabletops.
- Throw an Ultra Violet blanket or pillows on your couch.
- Shades of Ultra Violet have long been associated with musicians like Prince, David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix. Give them a nod with Ultra Violet-hued artwork inspired by these musical icons.
- Dry off with Ultra Violet towels and washcloths.
- Roll out a completely Ultra Violet rug or one with strands of the shade.
- Light up the room with Ultra Violet lamps or lampshades.
- Prop your feet up on an Ultra Violet ottoman or coffee table.
- For a subtle touch, install Ultra Violet knobs on your doors and cabinets.
- If you don’t want to commit too much to Ultra Violet, buy some flowers in the hue to brighten up any room.
Need some inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board for more ideas!